cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VagabondKaren
Weekend warrior

There needs to be a way for the delivery fee to be automatically calculated when sending someone a quote.  This creates a lot of confusion for owners and renters - even outdoorsy staff who when called say it should be there.  When a quote is sent without the delivery fee and the customer sees the rental amount they have an expectation that is what they are going to pay.  When the delivery fee is then calculated it could be considered deceptive. When it is also calculated initially it helps alleviate concern on the part of the owner that it will or won’t be included.  

10 Comments
Status changed to: Investigating
Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

RobertsFam
Day-tripper

New to Outdoorsy and also have this same question. Is there ANY way to send someone a new quote from a message they've sent me and automatically include the delivery fee? I'm concerned when I send the quote, even if I add the delivery fee as an add-on, the quote includes the higher insurance rate for the renter (vs stationary insurance) and the renter may decline based on total cost. I think this may have happened to two quotes I've sent. 

I contacted support and they had me send the quote and then they called the renter to "explain" the quote will be modified to include delivery and stationary insurance- doesn't make Outdoorsy or me look very squared away. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there! Currently there is no way to add the stationary insurance onto a quote. The renter has to contact customer support to get the insurance changed. This is definitely some great feedback! I will share with our product team and hopefully we can get this updated. 

Clan_Graham
Weekend warrior

It's June 2022 (I see that this question/concern was raised almost a year ago) and there is still no way to include the delivery fee when we want to send a quote? That feels very counterproductive with regard to the "ease" that Outdoorsy is trying to provide between owner and renter. Will this be fixed any time soon? I'm apprehensive to send out quotes without the ability to include the delivery fee. Please help!?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Clan_Graham

You are able to send a quote to a potential renter with the delivery fee included. If you go to your dashboard and click on your listing you can scroll down to where it says "delivery charges". You can edit the max distance you are willing to deliver and the cost per mile. Then when you go to send a quote you can turn on "vehicle delivery" and you can make sure the insurance package says "stationary". Please let me know if you have any questions about this! 

Clan_Graham
Weekend warrior

Thanks so much, Carli! That’s very helpful!

Cke101788
Day-tripper

@Anonymous so does that mean if we are doing a quote for a friend with a different rate, we will need to change our price and everything back and forth? Like go to dashboard and change listing price for friend rate- then change back after they book? 

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cke101788 not necessarily, when you send a quote to a renter it is for that specific one-time booking. You can also create and send them a "friends & family" discount code by following this article: How do I create a discount code?

Cke101788
Day-tripper

Okay - so I create a quote for someone and include delivery in the quote. If they book based on the quote, will that be the price they are getting? 

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cke101788 yep that should be it! Let us know if you have any questions along the way though support@outdoorsy.com OR +1 877-723-7232