cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which RV or trailer to buy

Seras
Day-tripper

We are wanting to buy an RV or trailer to rent out through outdoorsy and not sure which is the most commonly rented in Colorado on this site.  Does anyone have any feedback on which may generate the most income to justify the purchase?

7 REPLIES 7

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Seras and welcome to Outdoorsy!
So I did a quick search based on Colorado and found that Class B's are getting the most requests/bookings per listing and Class C's are a close second. Campervans are also doing pretty well but would be a 3rd place to the other two. Hope this helps!

Thank you,  So RV's are renting better then the pull behind campers?

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would say yes... trailers actually rent quite well but there are also soooo much more of them in the market that it's likely tougher to find renters with one.

Thank you very much for the continued responses.  Since we're new at this does mileage on the RV matter?  Not sure if there is a stigma to that or if they essentially are junk after 100,000 miles or anything like that.  Do you have experience with any of this?

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is where it's all up to you. I'm sure you and the renters might feel a bit more peace of mind if you were able to find something under 100k miles on it. There will be an initial verification/checklist and then a cyclical 90-day inspection after that as well to make sure everything is in good working order.

Great thank you.  Can you send me that checklist to keep in mind while we are purchasing?

DROPLET
Day-tripper

Hi @Seras 

I recommend looking at teardrop trailers like ours: www.droplet-trailer.com

This type of towable has the best return on investment. DROPLET -> 16k purchase for $100/night. CAMPERVAN 100k purchase for $250/night. 

Also DROPLET promotes your rental directly on the website. www.droplet-trailer.com/booking 

Cheers!