cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What personal insurance is needed

jonesginny
Day-tripper

I am currently looking into insurance coverage for a new van I'm purchasing and planning to rent out on Outdoorsy when I'm not using it. For my hosts, how does the fact that you rent your rig out affect your personal insurance coverage? What do you tell your insurance agent? I want to get the most affordable coverage possible of course, but also want to be honest enough to ensure I'll be covered in the event I have a claim.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dave-n-Kitty
Day-tripper III

Outdoorsy works with an insurance group, Roamly. You may want to look into that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Dave-n-Kitty
Day-tripper III

Outdoorsy works with an insurance group, Roamly. You may want to look into that.

View solution in original post

Jpenzell
Day-tripper

I called my insurance provider (Progressive) and they said that they will still cover while not renting. I just had to inform them and they clarified that when I hand off the keys to when I receive them again they are not covering.

Jessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Check out www.roamly.com - they offer personal RV insurance coverage that enables owners who rent out their rigs without getting dropped from their policy.

Are there specific policies we know drop folks who rent? My insurance was totally cool with it...no switching to roamly required.