cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome packet help

Moose_N_Around
Day-tripper II

Hello! My first booking is approaching, and I had a couple questions...Is there a sample/template 'Welcome Packet' to provide my renters somewhere? Are there certain things that hosts ask their renters to do before returning their Rv's/campers that you've found helpful? Thank you for all the help!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Moose_N_Around nice work on getting your first booking!

The first thing I always recommend to people is to take a look that the Owner Handbook, where we’ve compiled everything you need to know as Outdoorsy hosts. As far as a welcome packet, many owners will create a Touchstay guidebook for their renters or something similar.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

AFay406
Day-tripper

We essentially did a walk-thru of our rig and made a topic for each aspect we would use on a trip. Also included some info on local area stuff (grocery, gas, etc) since many of our renters are from out of town. We also were frustrated that there wasnt a spot on outdoorsy to upload videos to help our renters use certain features of the van if they forget how to use them during their trip. We solved this by making a google drive folder and a qr code that we include in the rental package. They can view the videos anytime they need. That has been useful for us. Happy to send our welcome packet to ya if you want an example (we have a campervan so may be quite different for a non-driving rental unit).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Moose_N_Around nice work on getting your first booking!

The first thing I always recommend to people is to take a look that the Owner Handbook, where we’ve compiled everything you need to know as Outdoorsy hosts. As far as a welcome packet, many owners will create a Touchstay guidebook for their renters or something similar.

Hope this helps!

Hello Kameron! I'm sorry, I had originally messaged you back but can't see my reply, so I just wanted to reach out and let you know that it was very helpful. Thanks again! I really appreciate the Owner Handbook/Guidebook links!

AFay406
Day-tripper

We essentially did a walk-thru of our rig and made a topic for each aspect we would use on a trip. Also included some info on local area stuff (grocery, gas, etc) since many of our renters are from out of town. We also were frustrated that there wasnt a spot on outdoorsy to upload videos to help our renters use certain features of the van if they forget how to use them during their trip. We solved this by making a google drive folder and a qr code that we include in the rental package. They can view the videos anytime they need. That has been useful for us. Happy to send our welcome packet to ya if you want an example (we have a campervan so may be quite different for a non-driving rental unit).

Hi @AFay406,  I would like to expand our welcome packet that I have started.  Ours is more like checklists that I put together and email a Google Sheets file before their departure...I keep the hard copies in a binder in the RV.  If you don't mind, I would love it if you could share yours with me.

Moose_N_Around
Day-tripper II

Hello! I apolgize for the late response...still trying to figure out the Community access/Chirps/etc. Thank you so much for the help! These ideas are all very helpful. The QR code is a brilliant idea! I am researching different Welcome Packet examples and asking friends and family to shoot me some ideas as well regarding what they would think of to be helpful or things to add as a bonus. Again, thank you for your response! I really appreciate the ideas and suggestions!