cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underbooking

HearthFire_RV
Day-tripper II

I recently had a booking for 6 Adults that showed up as 8 adults and 7 kids for one of our Class C RV's that sleeps 8. What do you do when the renter shows up with more people than they claimed? I was a tad overwhelmed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VagabondKaren
Weekend warrior

So per outdoorsy rules - there can only be as many people riding in the RV as there are seatbelts.  If it’s just sleeping arrangements it’s still a safety issue - you can’t have 15 people sleeping in one rig safely and  I would have advised them of such.  If they were driving it and planned on all 15 riding in the RV I would have let them know they cannot take it and then reached out directly to outdoorsy.  If it was a sleeping arrangement issue - I basically would have advised the same - not provided the keys and reached right out to outdoorsy.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VagabondKaren
Weekend warrior

So per outdoorsy rules - there can only be as many people riding in the RV as there are seatbelts.  If it’s just sleeping arrangements it’s still a safety issue - you can’t have 15 people sleeping in one rig safely and  I would have advised them of such.  If they were driving it and planned on all 15 riding in the RV I would have let them know they cannot take it and then reached out directly to outdoorsy.  If it was a sleeping arrangement issue - I basically would have advised the same - not provided the keys and reached right out to outdoorsy.  

HearthFire_RV
Day-tripper II

thanks, i wasn't aware of the rules. 

Org_BlossomRVn
Day-tripper II

great question - Im a new renter, glad you asked!