cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

un-verified driver

brandi_langevin
Day-tripper II

How long after booking, or how soon until departure should I wait until I reach out to someone about getting verified?  I know the booking says I don't have to do anything, but I would like to gently reming them to get verified, so the insurance coverage is all good.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @brandi_langevin, Outdoorsy will send reminders to the renter a couple of times leading up to the booking date. However, I'm sure many owners would mention it sooner than later just to be safe.

View solution in original post

kent_hadley
Day-tripper II

We send out  questionnaire on each new rental and included is to have them list who is going to be a driver. I then check this against who is verified and immediately let the renters know if one is not verified. 

david_rubio
Weekend warrior

One week before the start of the reservation is what I do. Because it's within any cancellation policy and because renters have access to the internet just like owners do. If they don't have the sense to read the terms and conditions before they reserve them that is on them. 

3 REPLIES 3

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @brandi_langevin, Outdoorsy will send reminders to the renter a couple of times leading up to the booking date. However, I'm sure many owners would mention it sooner than later just to be safe.

kent_hadley
Day-tripper II

We send out  questionnaire on each new rental and included is to have them list who is going to be a driver. I then check this against who is verified and immediately let the renters know if one is not verified. 

david_rubio
Weekend warrior

One week before the start of the reservation is what I do. Because it's within any cancellation policy and because renters have access to the internet just like owners do. If they don't have the sense to read the terms and conditions before they reserve them that is on them.