cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Trailer- Hitch

FM90
Day-tripper

We are new to renting. We have a travel trailer, we use an Anderson hitch with sway bars to tow it with our Jeep Grand Cherokee. 
My question is if you rent a travel trailer are you supposed to include your hitch? 
If you do include it, is it covered by outdoorsy insurance?

One other thing is a generator covered by outdoorsy insurance too? 

2 REPLIES 2

ebcobra93
Day-tripper II

I have the same question. My camper is listed as "Delivery Only", but I'm letting someone tow it for the first time next booking. I use an Equalizer WDH with my setup. If I include the hitch with the rental, it will have to be configured to work with the new tow vehicle. That's something that I don't think I want to get into for every rental (changing the height of the hitch, putting it back each time for my setup, etc...).

Curious as to what others are doing. 

Carli_cuthbertson
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Congrats on getting started. In regard to your question about hitches it really depends on how you want to run your business. Some owners offer it for free, but others offer the hitch as a paid add on if a renter doesn't already have one. A hitch and generator won't be covered by insurance necessarily, but this is what the security deposit is for. If these things are damaged then you would pull the money from the renters security deposit after the trip. Hope this helps!