cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The time taken to show new renters your rig

SoCalRving1981
Day-tripper II

On average, about how much time should we allot for showing renters how to operate and drive a rig?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

VagabondKaren
Weekend warrior II

Depending on the size of your rig and how many people there are, how experienced they are, etc, you can easily allot 45 minutes to an hour and a half. 

View solution in original post

I totally agree with @VagabondKaren. We always allot about two and a half hours of time, total (including set-up and time for unexpected situations), with one hour of that being walk-through, but when we have experienced renters, we can easily shave 20 minutes or so off of that. We've found that even experienced RVers still want to walk through basics because not every rig is the same, so it's never a quick in and out experience.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VagabondKaren
Weekend warrior II

Depending on the size of your rig and how many people there are, how experienced they are, etc, you can easily allot 45 minutes to an hour and a half. 

I totally agree with @VagabondKaren. We always allot about two and a half hours of time, total (including set-up and time for unexpected situations), with one hour of that being walk-through, but when we have experienced renters, we can easily shave 20 minutes or so off of that. We've found that even experienced RVers still want to walk through basics because not every rig is the same, so it's never a quick in and out experience.

SoCalRving1981
Day-tripper II

Do you have a youtube channel or link/QR renters can access for trailer information?  I thought I saw a product on here for something like that.  We are creating a handbook with pictures. 

I created a binder with all of the info I knew from personal experience with our RV and the extra stuff we found out via customer usage. I also looked up how-to videos and consulted my user guide for the stuff that our own use and customers hadn't found yet. Once I put all of that together in the binder, I still left the pages un-laminated until I felt like we had a solid foundation.

If we decide to rent for another season (meaning summer, specifically), then we're going to make a how-to/user guide video to post on YouTube for renters to access, but I'll always have the binder in our RV because half of our renters are out of cell/WiFi serviceable areas, and renters often forget that they can download videos before departure, so the binder is the best for those situations.