cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Concerns

ForgedMagnolia
Day-tripper

Hi! I'm new to hosting and thought Outdoorsy would be a great place to start, but it has been a struggle every step of the way. 

My listing is very detailed and took hours to set up. After completing it, the moment I hit post the whole thing disappeared! Deleted completely. I called support, but they couldn't find it either so, I did it all over again. This time it saved, but all the photos kept getting out of order. It took 2 weeks and 3 calls to the help line to resolve. In these conversations, I also noted that the amenities button to add the hitch is missing from my dashboard on the website, but it is there on the app. However, trying to make any changes to the listing in the app always results in an error message. I've called I don't know how many times now about that and it's still not fixed.

Fast-forward to my first guest. They took possession on Thursday, returned damaged the following Wednesday, yesterday. I still haven't been paid so I called to see if I missed something but no, it should've been automatic. He asked if this was a private deal I made with someone I know. I replied no, this guest came from an email sent by Outdoorsy as a request for an Instant booking, so I sent them a quote, from that email, which they accepted. Shouldn't that be in their records?

Now, I am again "being escalated" to a higher division than the standard call center because they don't know why I wasn't paid. I should "hopefully see some movement from us in the next 24-48 hours," which of course means another 3-5 business days after that before I actually see it because it still has to clear my bank. 

Is this normal for Outdoorsy?? I was so excited to finally be a host, but geez Louise, the hoops!!

Any advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. I have another guest scheduled for next week, but I'm feeling a bit defeated, especially now that I have to file a claim on my first guest, who was actually a really great guy, I would rent to him again, he just had a small oops. 

2 REPLIES 2

Cailey
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ForgedMagnolia! I am really sorry to hear about the hoops you've had to jump through to get started. Please know that the first payout is often delayed but that it will get to you. Once it is sent, it can take 3-5 business days to appear in your account but it is often much quicker than that. Definitely reach out to your claims rep regarding the claim- they are here to support you through this process. Our team is available from 9-5pm CST Monday through Friday to address your concerns at 855-441-2006. I'm sure it has seemed like a lot right off the bat, but now that the listing is up and the payment issue is being ironed out, it should be smoother sailing from here. Please feel free to message me if you have further concerns.

BHall
Day-tripper II

I'm on the fence whether or not I want to list our new travel trailer for rent--it's stories like this that make me wonder if it's worth it.