cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Trackers

Dave-n-Kitty
Day-tripper II

For those of you tracking your RV while rented (and in case of theft, etc.), who are you using and how is that working out for you?

Up until now, all of our rentals to date have been local - none more than 4-5 days, so we've not really had much concern over the camper going anywhere other than where the renter's said. 

Until that one time the renters were cagey about the "private property" they were boondocking on and didn't want to specify. The camper came back late (it was stuck and they needed a tractor to pull it out) and filthy (mud on the roof!). So we began looking at solutions. We're planning to have something installed by the end of the month, as our renter is planning a cross-country trip of about 2 weeks. 

We have experience with SPOT trackers (I ride motorcycles - used to be long distance) and tracking using SPOT and phone location devices, so we know the value of these. We're just wondering about the experiences (benefits and pitfalls) of other owners in the community.

We went with the GPSandtrack.com RV solution: https://gpsandtrack.com/rv-tracking/

2 REPLIES 2

WolfPaw
Day-tripper II

I use KYCS Locate and it’s App. So far it tracks well gives all info for speed direction etc. 

Dave
Day-tripper II

There are many that you can plug into the OBD port for drivables. And they make 12v ones that you can use for towables. 

Personally I like the ones that you can hardwire into the 12v system so that they can’t unplug it from the OBD port.