cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renting

JimR
Day-tripper

Hi. Fairly new to Outdoorsy. When we first got on board we had a good 3 rentals. Now everything has dried up. Any suggestions on how to make our rental more visible or rentable?

5 REPLIES 5

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JimR sounds like you got off to a great start. Sorry to hear that things have slowed down. My first suggestion will be to check out our recent AMA with different members of the Outdoorsy team on how to get more bookings: AMA recording - Marketing your rental to get more bookings. Hope this helps!

Tom_and_Marilyn
Day-tripper

Could you post a link to your listing?

ShannonDamon
Day-tripper

Hi JimR,

We have noticed a decrease in reservations for us as well. We were thinking it might have something to do with the ridiculous fuel prices right now. As for suggestions on making your rental more visible, try to get your renters to write reviews and give you ratings. From my understanding, this helps the algorithm place your rental a little higher in the visual cue when searches are done in your area. Another way would be to post your link on sites like Craigslist, OfferUp, Facebook market place or forums you might be on that allow marketing. Hopefully once the steady increase in fuel prices mellows out, we will all see an increase in reservations. Wish you the best of luck with your rental.

Tdav
Day-tripper II

I am new to this but noticed there is a discount feature for people you bring to the site-so maybe post on facebook, instagram, post a flyer at work - this is what I am going to do and see if it helps get some traffic to my camper 

Org_BlossomRVn
Day-tripper II

I live in California, and have friends who are also owners who rent on Outdoorsy and they suggested to create an Instagram page for your RV so that you can create additional traffic with your family and friends, posting you using it and how fun/creative you can be while enjoying some freedom on the road.  I hope this helps!