cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renting RV

h20fowler
Day-tripper

Hello,

I'm having a very hard time renting my 2017 Wildwood.  I monitor my dashboard daily and have a pretty good listing.  Is Outdoorsy just too saturated with people like us that want to rent their RV? Please let me know what works for you.

Thank you!🏕 

7 REPLIES 7

VagabondKaren
Weekend warrior

Many areas are over saturated.  Combine that with higher gas prices, really hot weather and inflation, the extra expenses - like vacations are usually the first to go :/. We have had luck with posting on Facebook marketplace.  If you send someone a quote that hasn’t registered yet with OD, The commission is reduced to 6.5%.

phopper
Day-tripper II

I usually have good success with Facebook Marketplace. I haven't gotten many rentals from Outdoorsy this year compared to last year. Also, this year people have been booking just a week or 2 in advance.

Just curious how to go about placing an ad on FB Marketplace. Do you just copy the link in the app and paste into a post on Marketplace?

I do not past a link - if they follow that link and sign up before you send a quote then it’s the normal commission amount.  If you send them a quote directly from outdoorsy and they have not previously signed up for an outdoorsy account - your commission is reduced to 6.5%.   I usually just put all the info in it - like 

2020 coachman clipper that is light enough to be towed by an SUV but has a slide out to maximize space! It sleeps 2 adults and 1-2 small children. The table folds down to the 2nd bed!
Can be delivered for an additional fee.

Starting at $99/night plus refundable security deposit and insurance.

No smoking.

Must be at least 25 to rent.
Dogs welcome!
Contact me for availability and calendar!
Pets allowed!

Looking for a larger camper?? We have three other campers that can sleep 4-8 people! Contract me for more information and availability.

I post under items- sporting goods-outdoor recreation- camping & hiking- other camping and hiking.  I do get quite a few people looking to live in it for $500 a month but I just weed those out.  

Thank you again for the information! I am definitely doing this!

That’s a great idea, thanks for sharing!

Awesome Post- what section of marketplace do you place the add??