cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renters Insurance Cost Prohibitive??

jprizzia
Day-tripper

Is anyone losing renters due to the high cost of the insurance? I just started renting my travel trailer a week ago and the two bookings I have are likely to cancel now due to the insurance cost?  Has anyone else experienced this? We're you able to find a better rate for the renter with a different insurance vendor?

Thanks,

Jim

3 REPLIES 3

VagabondKaren
Weekend warrior II

Most of the time renters are not able to bypass the insurance offered by outdoorsy - so even if you were to find cheaper insurance, renters still have to get the insurance through Outdoorsy.  I have not have anyone specially back out due to insurance but I do get inquiries that don’t go anywhere - I usually assume due to the cost as a whole.  

rsroche
Day-tripper

Yes, I have had multiple inquiries that don't end up booking due to the cost of insurance. But both our units were still booked solid for the summer so hopefully it stays that way next year.

Mustang
Day-tripper

Still waiting on my first verified renter. I've had 2 responses here in November that have pretty much backed out after seeing the final bill when insurance was added. On was for a week over Thanksgiving holiday. Other is still pending for 3 weeks from Christmas to middle of January. Hoping this isn't a trend.