cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renter wants to do partial payments

ebcobra93
Day-tripper II

Hello all. Newbie here. 

I had my first contact from a potential renter last night via message. They are asking if they can pay a portion of the rental fees and then pay the rest in a couple of weeks. I replied that I'd prefer full payment all at once, but I don't know exactly how the payment process works on the user end. Is a partial payment even possible?

Thanks for your help.

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VagabondKaren
Weekend warrior II

There is now an option to pay using 4 interest free payments via paypal.  It doesn't look like its available in every state and I THINK that is basically opening up a pay pay credit account - but that is probably the only option.  Otherwise, they cannot book and only pay part of what is due at the time of booking.  You can advise that they can wait until they have the full amount and book at that time if its still available. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VagabondKaren
Weekend warrior II

There is now an option to pay using 4 interest free payments via paypal.  It doesn't look like its available in every state and I THINK that is basically opening up a pay pay credit account - but that is probably the only option.  Otherwise, they cannot book and only pay part of what is due at the time of booking.  You can advise that they can wait until they have the full amount and book at that time if its still available. 

Dherteux
Day-tripper III

All the payments will be made by the time it goes out on the rental, no matter what option the renter chooses.

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ebcobra93 There is an exciting new option, "Pay in 4" is available to renters for purchases of $30-$1,500. Pay in 4 is not currently available to residents of Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Wisconsin, or any U.S. Territories. When applying, a soft credit check may be needed, but will not affect your credit score.  We will also have exciting new updates to our integration with PayPal to share in the coming weeks.