cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renter Insurance?

Macodiva
Day-tripper II

I've just noticed tonight that when i send a quote the $59 insurance is automatically selected.

Has the insurance gone up?

Is this the new minimum?

I think it was a better system letting the renter select which package they want during the booking process.

8 REPLIES 8

Carli
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

When the owner sends a quote it defaults to the middle package, but Customer Support can change it down to the lesser tier if that is what a renter wants. Insurance has gone up a bit (between $2-$5) depending on the actual cash value of the rig. Hope this helps! 

Dave-n-Kitty
Weekend warrior

Is there no option to REQUIRE the most coverage?

No there is not. It is completely up to the renter what package they pay for. It is in their best interest to have the most coverage because that means a lower deductible etc, but at the end of the day, if damages occur, that renter will still be on the hook for the cost. 

annieloechell
Day-tripper II

I guess you can communicate with renters which insurance level you require and then don’t accept if they’re not ok with that? 

bjulia33
Day-tripper II

I suggest looking at it from renters' point of view, just in general a good practice, but particularly eye opening to read renter reviews on this topic.

Where do you find renter reviews?

aboinpally
Day-tripper

I have had quite a few renters turn down my quote cause if insurance. In my case the default insurance that gets added is $85/day. In most cases renters do not know that they lower the insurance and its a hard sell from their on to convince the renter to change the insurance package. 

greatadventures
Day-tripper II

My concern would be if the renter is taking my rig out with state minimums for liability.  I know that as an owner I'm covered with OD's $1 million liability, but in the event of a bad accident, they're going after the driver first.  If that driver only has state minimums, then you can pet your bottom dollar you're getting sued, and that million $$$ had better be enough.  I always require my renters to have the $1 million in liability coverage, because that basically gives you a $2 million cushion before your personal / business assets are at risk.