cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental Agreement

pbrepp
Day-tripper

Hello. Does any one use a rent agreement in addition to the one on Outdoorsy? I have an Airbnb and after talking with a lawyer about renting my home to short term guests, I was enlightened by the amount to liability I was exposed to. Airbnb does a great job of protecting me, but there are a lot of things I found out that could help protect me by using a seperate rental agreement. The last thing I want is something to happen and have a renter come after everything I own. I already but the camper in an LLC, but do I need to have a separate rental agreement to add an extra layer of protection? Is anyone using one? Does anyone have a lawyer that might specialize in something like this? TIA

5 REPLIES 5

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pbrepp I've seen that many owners do have an additional SRA (Supplemental Rental Agreement) of their own that they use. I'm sure some other owners will chime in here soon with their thoughts and how they got theirs. 

How might I get one of these SRA's you speak about?

Rebekahrae
Day-tripper

What sorts of liability and things do you include in your sra?

BlissfulTravel
Day-tripper

Is any owner(s) willing to share their "sra"?

wsj3
Day-tripper II

I copied one I just found online and made some edits. I'm not providing this for anyone to use, but wanted to share in case you want to make your own version, have thoughts on how to improve or ideally there is a lawyer who could give some input. I put the name 'Bilbo Baggons' where you would put your own name.

Supplemental Rental Agreement

This document is in addition to the agreement provided by the 3rd party rental business.

The following are agreed to by the parties

Smoking of anything is prohibited in the RV

Drug use is prohibited in, prior to operating or while operating the RV

Odors/Cooking - You will not cook anything which creates a residual odor in the RV. 

Traffic Violations or Fees: You will be responsible for any parking tickets, toll road fees or driving violations.

The Awning: If the awning is damaged you are responsible for its replacement costs.

Return State: The RV must be returned in a similar condition to how it was provided and should not be trashed or left in a state of disrepair. A $100 additional fee will be charged if it is not returned in a similarly clean condition.

Fuel: A $25 administrative fee plus $5/gallon will be charged if the gas tank is not returned at the same level as when it’s picked up.  

Personal Property. You release Bilbo Baggons and our agents from all claims for loss of, or damage to, your personal property or that of any other person, that was left or carried in or on the rv,  whether or not the loss or damages was caused by our negligence or was otherwise our responsibility. 

Personal Injury. You release Bilbo Baggons, and our agents from all claims for injury, including, without limitation, personal, bodily, or mental injury, economic loss or damage to you, guests, unborn children, or relatives, whether or not the injury was caused by use of the rv , our negligence, or was otherwise our responsibility. 

Waiver. Our failure to enforce any of our rights under this Agreement or at law shall not be deemed a waiver or a continuing waiver of any rights or remedies against another party, unless such waiver is in writing and signed by the party to be charged. 

Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is judicially determined to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. 

Attorneys’ Fees. In the event a dispute arises regarding this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, in addition to other relief to which it is entitled. 

Modifications. No term of this Agreement can be waived or modified except by a writing that we have signed. ●Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties regarding the rental of the rv , and supersedes all prior oral or written agreements or understandings regarding this subject matter. This Agreement can only be amended by a writing signed by all parties. 

Signature of Renter

Signature of RV Owner