cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about insurance

cliffjl
Day-tripper

Still new at this.  On all my bookings when i review it shows that the renter is insured through Outdoorsy.  My last renter picked up this morning and I looked at their booking (after they left) and its says: 

"This trip is not insured!
We are sorry, but this booking is not insured by Outdoorsy."

I thought insurance was required by each renter so I was surprised that it says this. Do I need to check the booking before each renter picks up the RV?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ShannonDamon
Day-tripper

Hi Cliffjl,

The insurance portion of rentals is still a bit tricky at times for us as well as there are many different parts to it. One thing that we have learned with a similar situation is making sure that our trailer account does not allow the renter to decline insurance. We ending up going through our listing to ensure the insure was a requirement and only allowed the renter to choose from the different levels of insurance. The best piece of advice that we learned is check your reservation a day or two before departure to ensure everything is “green”. We also check one last time the night before departure just in case. 🙂 

Hopefully this info helps a little bit. I’m sure there will be plenty of others who will respond that are more familiar with this subject than I. 🙂 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ShannonDamon
Day-tripper

Hi Cliffjl,

The insurance portion of rentals is still a bit tricky at times for us as well as there are many different parts to it. One thing that we have learned with a similar situation is making sure that our trailer account does not allow the renter to decline insurance. We ending up going through our listing to ensure the insure was a requirement and only allowed the renter to choose from the different levels of insurance. The best piece of advice that we learned is check your reservation a day or two before departure to ensure everything is “green”. We also check one last time the night before departure just in case. 🙂 

Hopefully this info helps a little bit. I’m sure there will be plenty of others who will respond that are more familiar with this subject than I. 🙂 

VagabondKaren
Weekend warrior

There are a few reasons why this might have happened.  I would first look to see if there was a verified driver.  If there was not a verified driver that is why there is no insurance as that is required for there to be insurance.  If there is a verified driver, I would reach out directly to outdoorsy to see what the issue is.  
My standard practice is that the week before the rental I go and touch base with the renter and check and verify that there is a verified driver and the full amount has been paid.