Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdoorsy swag contest - upgrades/renovations

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

🏕 Outdoorsy swag contest 🏕 

Time for another swag contest!

Everyone seemed excited about the idea of getting Outdoorsy swag so we want to give away more!

In this series, we're going to ask you to share something about yourself because we want learn more about all of our amazing Outdoorsy owners! It could be related to being an owner, your rig, camping, or just being outside. Each contest will last about a week and at the end, we'll pick 3 winners to send some awesome Outdoorsy swag!

For our second contest, we want to see your favorite upgrades and renovations!

Adding neat new things to your trailer or RV can help increase the amount of renter interest. It could be creative amenities, tools to make their trip more convenient, or even a whole new space that you designed and created yourself.

So let's see 'em! Go ahead and share your favorite upgrade or renovations here. (linked listings/pictures will earn you extra points)

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 11.52.34 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

🚨 We have our winners! 🚨

Congratulations to our winners and thanks for sharing your upgrades and renovations! 

@OutdoorsyVIP 

@jd_pearlsplace 

@bjsspencer 

If you three will send me a direct message with your mailing address and shirt size we'll get some Outdoorsy goodies sent your way! (to send a DM click on the envelope icon to the top right of your screen, then the green pencil icon to start a new message)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Squincey
Day-tripper

Do we just upload pictures and explinations?

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Squincey exactly! Any pictures, explanations, and/or a link to your listing 🙂

OutdoorsyVIP
Day-tripper

As an interior designer it’s been super fun to upgrade and reimagine RVs And what they can look and feel like. We’ve taken some old and ugly RVs and turned them into really beautiful and fun hotel rooms on wheels. My favorite thing to add is vinyl tiles in the walls and floors. The hard, easily cleanable surfaces offer a modern, homey feel without adding much weight. For the RV I am adding photos of we wallpapered all the walls. This was the most difficult thing to keep nice. As the back of a class C moves, so does the wallpaper. The trick we finally learned is Decoupage! It’s the only  thing that works. We did a wrap on the front cab and painted the fiberglass exterior with high quality house paint.  

www.outdoorsy.com/rv-rental/torrance_ca/2000_coachmen_leprechaun_54318-listing?ref=4kv1zk 

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0FwW22CoeAQGDIjHv4vG6i0Bw 

That is awesome! Thank you for sharing 🙂 

Truly amazing work! Thanks so much for sharing!

jd_pearlsplace
Day-tripper

My favorite upgrades are a battery cut-off switch and solar panel, and then replacing the door window. The battery cutoff switch allows us to extend the battery by turning it off when not in use - avoiding the "parasitic drains" that can't be turned off, like the carbon monoxide detector and stereo, and the solar panel charges the battery in daylight. The camper door window was frosted glass, and switched out for one with clear glass and a built-in shade, so we can control the amount of light and privacy. 

All great ideas! Thanks for sharing @jd_pearlsplace

bjsspencer
Day-tripper

Nothing earth shattering, but we added a mail and key organizer near the door.  We like to hang both car and camper keys here, in addition to having a place to put wallets, sunglasses, etc.  This is also where we hang instructions for our renters.

Key.PNG

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

🚨 We have our winners! 🚨

Congratulations to our winners and thanks for sharing your upgrades and renovations! 

@OutdoorsyVIP 

@jd_pearlsplace 

@bjsspencer 

If you three will send me a direct message with your mailing address and shirt size we'll get some Outdoorsy goodies sent your way! (to send a DM click on the envelope icon to the top right of your screen, then the green pencil icon to start a new message)

View solution in original post