cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdoorsy recipe contest and griddle giveaway!

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's time for another contest! recipecontest.png

We saw the Facebook owners group get excited about Walmart deals on these bad boys.

Sooo we wanted to contribute to the excitement by giving one away for free! 

Enter to win a Blackstone Adventure Griddle by posting your favorite, go-to camping recipe below. Your recipe can be something you cook in the oven, on a griddle like this one, or even by putting that campfire to use. Pictures are strongly encouraged but not required.

Near Christmas time we'll pick one lucky winner and send them a Blackstone Adventure Griddle! Not only will the winner get a free griddle, but we'll also be including your recipe in our Outdoorsy blog and social media.

10 REPLIES 10

Katylularoe
Day-tripper III

We love making campfire nachos when on the road. Get the campfire ready and start by browning a pound of ground beef in a skillet and  adding in 1/2 cup diced sweet onions. Add salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste. Stir in a can of refried beans and cook until hot. Sprinkle diced tomatoes, and sliced green onions on top of the skillet mixture. Then cover with shredded cheese until melted. Once the cheese is melted and looking like a party in the skillet pour over a tray of tortilla chips and enjoy with sour cream, salsa or guacamole on top or on the side for dipping. Additional toppings optional like olives, green chilies, jalapeños, and so much more.

F2F1D044-8E58-4A88-9AAA-EC2BAA253C72.jpeg

@Katylularoe OMG yes!!! I Gotta try this on my next trip!

That looks delicious!! 

I want to make these in my backyard firepit! 

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

Going to share one of my own from a trip we took this last weekend. This is a favorite of mine that we do for dinner at least one night of each camping trip.

Tinfoil dinner

• Chicken, sausage, or beef (this last one was a tomato basil chicken sausage 😋)
  • Chopped potato
  • Carrot slices
  • Onions
  • Any seasoning you like (in this one we used some Italian seasoning)

Spray a layer of tin foil so your food won't stick. Make your own pouch using the ingredients. Double wrap the tin foil so it won't leak. Throw pouch into/over already burning charcoals or fire. Sometimes I need a shovel to flip or get them out. Cook on each side for about 15-20 minutes. The last step is to throw some cheese and maybe hot sauce on there. This time we used some mozzarella. 

recipecontestpic.jpeg 

CarmenP
Day-tripper III

Here's my go-to that I've been making for years. I like to prep everything at home and put into ziplock bags that easily go into the cooler. Not having to worry about chopping onions and boiling water at the campground saves tons of time. And why does it always take so long to boil water while camping? I digress. This potato dish is great for breakfast with fried eggs (sunnyside up for me, please) but is just as great alongside pan fried trout for dinner (leftover idea!). The quantity is easily adjusted for the amount of people you have or the size of your skillet. Sorry, no pics because we always eat them so fast!

Spuds-O-Rama

Ingredients

• 4 - 5 cups diced boiled potatoes - I use red or yellow potatoes, so no peeling necessary (cook these at home and place into their own ziplock bag; this way you don’t have to wait for water to boil in the campground!)
  • 1 diced onion - in it’s own ziplock bag
  • 2 chopped bell peppers;1 red and 1 yellow or orange (or whatever colors you like) - in a ziplock bag
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • ½ cup chopped green onions
  • ½ - 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • Sour cream
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste 

Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, or campfire, add enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom. When hot add in the potatoes.

Cook the potatoes, stirring occasionally. When the potatoes have browned, move them to the side of the pan and dump the chopped onions into the middle of the skillet. Stir occasionally to keep from sticking or burning but get them nice and cooked through.

Stir the potatoes into the onions and add in the chopped bell peppers. 

Smash a garlic clove or two with the side of a knife (or use a garlic press if you’re fancy) and toss that in about 5 mins before removing from the heat. Continue stirring to get that garlic all mixed in. 

When everything looks good and cooked through (you don’t want the peppers to be mushy) stir in the chopped green onions, salt and pepper, and then top with the shredded cheddar cheese. 

Remove from the heat when the cheese is melty. 

Serve with a dollop of sour cream or top with a fried egg.

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

Love this one thanks for sharing Carmen! And yes I agree, much easier to do things "meal prep" style at home and just have it ready to cook.

Sounds yummy

bryannacmurray
Drifter

Walking Tacos are our go-to camp meal to feed a crowd! Bring single serve bags of chips, or if you're like us, you'll need a bowl to fill with all your favorite toppings! This is a great choice, since everyone can make it just how they like it! It's always a hit! 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JgN8KjA5JUzfWrAq9

That photo contains all my favorite food groups!