cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manufacturers Quality

WolfPaw
Day-tripper III

Just wondering how many others have found manufacturers commitment to quality falling short. My first 2007 28 ft trailer never gave me a day of grief and never had an issue with it’s build or functionality. My second purchase of a 2019 38’ was riddled with missing knobs, screw tips coming upwards from interior roof you could see through the roof membrane, slider out of alignment twice, awning motor failed, door knobs unable to turn and open doors, failed propane switch valve and outer storage door trims coming off. My newest purchase 2921 34’(which I had to order to get theatre seats) has inside door trims do not match up, power disconnect turns on every light in and outside the unit and turn power on the all shut off, two inside doors are marred with holes and scuffs, fridge came loose from bottom stays and now rocks like a pendulum, water pump location still has sawdust ,wall paper and wood cut out inside install cubby, writing on outside of bathroom door of some type of measurement from factory, trim down wall crushed inwards and list goes on. I haven’t had it home for more than one day and returned it to dealer for repairs. This can’t be just my luck can it? 

6 REPLIES 6

WolfPaw
Day-tripper III

2021 not 2921. Oops 🙂

Thor66-
Day-tripper

seems like they hide poor Quality under the disguise of keeping things light weights after a few rentals I noticed my dinette getting loose so pulled it apart and they used staples to connect 2x2 so got a jig and put some screws in and it’s way better. Those chose speed

I get the need to keep weights down but would screws and solid foundation add that much to the weight? I look at my “ Inspected by” sticker and wonder who thinks it’s OK and signs it. 

Danny
Day-tripper

In my experience everything in an RV is always broken at all times 😅

WolfPaw
Day-tripper III

Ha! Good one lol 

Dave
Day-tripper III

Thor went on a buying spree in the 2010’s and bought a bunch of companies. Some of the “Thor” quality is starting to show up in brands that were once known for higher quality.