cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing FAQ question

walknbob
Day-tripper II

Hello folks

New here, and I'm working on our listing. I have entered several "questions" in my FAQ area but when I do a preview only 2 show up and I seen now way for a viewer to find the other topics. When I add an new topic the 2 visible questions changes so I know the other FAQ questions are saved. Is there a 2 question limit or am I missing something?

Also is there some keyword feature that can be added for people to search on?

Thanks

Bob Southwick
3 REPLIES 3

Cailey
Community Manager
Community Manager

@walknbob Sorry to hear that you are encountering difficulties with the FAQ section! Are you working on your listing on a computer or phone (browser or app)? There should be more than 2 FAQs that show at any given time. 
We recommend adding keywords or tags in your listing description. Renters can search for keywords in their search and when they search for a key word that is in your description, your listing will show up!

I'm using my chromebook. So if more than 2 FAQs should show up how do I correct the situation? Also When I look at other people's listings I see under amenities I see they have a hitch provided option. I do not see that as an option when I edit amenities. Also the hitch weight is 360 lbs but the preview keeps saying the hitch weight is 3700 lbs which is the GVWR. I've entered 40 lbs propane but when previewing the listing is saying 40 gals. I have been adding keywords.

Bob Southwick

Cailey
Community Manager
Community Manager

@walknbob Sorry to hear that it is still not working correctly. I would recommend calling our customer service team. They can look into your listing in real time and can help determine the issue quickly! You can reach them at 877-723-7232.