cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keys for Renters

sanch10
Day-tripper

I was trying to find this information, but maybe I did not search well enough. When a renter takes the vehicle, do you give them just one set of keys? If they get locked out, what solutions and responsibilities?

Regarding fuel, do you treat it like a rental car, and they refill back to how it was when they departed, or better to top it off and request they do the same on return? If they do not refill the tank, how do you charge additional fees post-rental if needed? 

First-timer, thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Cailey
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @sanch10! Most owners send just one set of keys. It is the responsibility of the renter if they get locked out. All of our insurance packages (apart from stationary) have Roadside Assistance included so the renter can reach out to them for assistance!
As far as fuel, most owners send out the rig with full tanks and request that renters return the tanks full, too. It is up to you how you would like to handle this. If you do need to charge fees post rental (for gas, excessive cleaning, etc.), you will pull that from the security deposit that Outdoorsy has already held on your behalf. The remaining amount will be returned to the renter. You can read more about security deposits here!

Dherteux
Day-tripper III

I have a hide-a-key for the driver's door and motor on the unit.  I have them bring it back full, but if they do not have the time or desire, I offer a service where I will fill it for them for a service fee.  I bill that against their deposit.