cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does renter have to pay/complete booking

Halo
Day-tripper

I accepted a booking request yesterday, and am waiting for the renter to complete payment and finalize the booking. Does this payment from the renter & driver verification need to be completed in a certain amount of time before the booking acceptance expires? I had another booking request come in for the same dates and would hate to miss out, if the first renter doesn’t complete the booking. I messaged them and haven’t heard back, but also don’t want to go back on my acceptance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JordanB
Weekend warrior

Yep, it happens to us from time to time. A potential renter has dates in mind and asks a few questions, then quits responding without actually finalizing their booking, and someone else comes in and snags the same dates. I usually just follow up with the first renter and politely explain that someone else completed their booking for the same dates, and our RV is no longer available. I offer to continue helping them if they have any other dates in mind, but otherwise just wish them luck on their search. Never had anyone get angry with me over that.

We do have Outdoorsy's "InstantBook" feature enabled which makes things a lot easier on our end, because it no longer requires the renter to request, wait for my approval, then log in again and confirm. This means we don't have any time gaps where I approved someone and then have to wait for them to log back in and approve it. I'm also able to use InstantBook as an excuse for anyone who missed out on dates by saying that the Outdoorsy platform lets anyone book instantly, so it is just first come first served for availability.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RVNUT
Day-tripper

Why rent to an apparently unresponsive person-You can cancel the first on the basis they didn't respond, and take the second one=Why miss out? I don't believe this would be unethical, but just my opinion-Call Outdoorsy' they must have a policy on this.

Dave

That’s what I ended up doing. I felt bad declining the booking, but without payment I couldn’t justify keeping the reservation. I called outdoorsy and was told that was fine and they actually told me payment should should have been on file before booking and for some reason wasn’t (and the renter possibly deleted it after requesting booking)

JordanB
Weekend warrior

Yep, it happens to us from time to time. A potential renter has dates in mind and asks a few questions, then quits responding without actually finalizing their booking, and someone else comes in and snags the same dates. I usually just follow up with the first renter and politely explain that someone else completed their booking for the same dates, and our RV is no longer available. I offer to continue helping them if they have any other dates in mind, but otherwise just wish them luck on their search. Never had anyone get angry with me over that.

We do have Outdoorsy's "InstantBook" feature enabled which makes things a lot easier on our end, because it no longer requires the renter to request, wait for my approval, then log in again and confirm. This means we don't have any time gaps where I approved someone and then have to wait for them to log back in and approve it. I'm also able to use InstantBook as an excuse for anyone who missed out on dates by saying that the Outdoorsy platform lets anyone book instantly, so it is just first come first served for availability.

Super helpful info. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond!