cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long do Renters and Owners Have to Leave Reviews?

Clan_Graham
Weekend warrior
  • It's been my experience on Airbnb that we (as renters as well as owners) have about 2-3 weeks to leave reviews.

I'v always found that unfair because we are sometimes at the start of 4-week trip, but it takes us a few days to a week after getting home to even START to think about leaving reviews. However, by the time we're ready, our opportunity to leave a review is long gone (they gve about 2 weeks).

What is Outdoorsy's time limit? Or is there one? And if there IS one, is it reasonable?? This isn't a normal "let's take a weekend to one-week vacation" type of world anymore! People are taking two, three, four, five, and up to six week-long work-cations.

I would just like to know when their (or our) ability to review one another honestly is cut short (as it SUPER is on Airbnb). I'd like to see Outdoorsy be more progressive in this way. 

But ultimately, what are the specs at this point? Renter and Owner sides, respectively? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Clan_Graham Owners and renters have 14 days after the rental period to submit a review.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Clan_Graham Owners and renters have 14 days after the rental period to submit a review.

Clan_Graham
Weekend warrior

Thank you!

Clan_Graham
Weekend warrior

@Kameron is there a reason that it's set to 2 weeks? I'm just curious if someone, somewhere, plugged in a bunch of numbers, multiplied those by expectations for review date-and-time-theories, then came up with a magic two-week window as the precise perfect review time slot? lol 

For example, I've been renting with Airbnb for many years, and I really dislike the 2-week window. There are times that I'm trying to leave reviews for a place while I'm still on vacation, just so I don't screw over an owner because my vacation is longer than the two-week grace period, yet I'm on my way to another Airbnb destination. 

Not that I take massive weeks-long vacations all the time (I wish), but I do travel for work, and there ARE times that I'm on the road for weeks... is there the possibility of a solution that does not leave the renter, who may very much appreciate the rental, at a disadvantage of leaving a proper review once their home?