cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Rental Requests

Bunton333
Day-tripper

We have been getting a ton of requests for our travel trailer. We have it on manual approval so when we approve it, it goes back to renter for their approval. Then, it stays on pending for days only to expire without a completed booking. However, during that time, our unit shows unavailable. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there anyway to avoid this? Seems to us like fake renters (other owners) in our area to keep our unit out of the picture so theirs gets picked instead. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VagabondKaren
Weekend warrior II

If the booking request is just pending it does not block off your dates on your availability calendar.  You will see it on your calendar as pending but the dates are still available. 

i would also not consider these fake rental requests.  Renters may be reaching out to several owners at a time, they may change their mind etc etc.  this happens quite a bit to me.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bunton333 really sorry to hear you've been experiencing these. Have you contacted support yet about this and shared examples? I will say that I highly doubt that it's other owners attempting to eliminate competition, but if you contact support with each example they'll be able to investigate further. 

support@outdoorsy.com
+1 877-723-7232

VagabondKaren
Weekend warrior II

If the booking request is just pending it does not block off your dates on your availability calendar.  You will see it on your calendar as pending but the dates are still available. 

i would also not consider these fake rental requests.  Renters may be reaching out to several owners at a time, they may change their mind etc etc.  this happens quite a bit to me.  

Thank you! That makes sense! 

SeanandShawna
Day-tripper III

I’ve had a few who have started the booking request and If there is no contact after 4 days, I decline the booking. Often times I think they do this to secure the camper they really want?