cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expectations for upcoming rentals

Katylularoe
Day-tripper III

36161579-3848-4B55-8C14-26FD928885E7.jpeg

I have found over time renting several units that unless I set my expectations upfront, then my units may come back in all different conditions. Rentals can vary dramatically like my first rental in 2019 where I was totally not prepared or trained, to now 2 years later and rv’s coming back spotless even from events. Honestly, I could not find a Manuel to make each trip perfect, but I created one for each unit to sure help along the way. I do not vet my renters because I believe that if I train them properly and provide all the tools for a successful trip them it can and will be successful. Do I just leave the Manuel in the unit for them to read? Nope, I send it to them 1-2 weeks prior along with all documents to review. This gives them plenty of time to review operations with images, and google search anything they question, they also make a list for me to better instruct when they arrive. They know fully what I expect, and what to expect when they arrive. Does giving a Manuel mean I don’t have to do a departure instruction? No, I still spend an hour and a half with the renter showing operation of each item, and they close up the unit themselves before the final test drive also. This gives guest a hands on experience before take off. My expectations of return are also covered in this, covid precautions at delivery and pickup, excessive temp tips for hot and cold, inventory with cost replacements, and my supplemental rental agreement. If our guests come into a situation in a no service zone they are able to feel confident and like professionals to work through it. We have had amazing experiences so far going through great trips and some with damage. We found great communication, documentation and good customer service to be the key to success here. I’m really excited I found this community. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Carli
Community Manager
Community Manager

It seems like you have a great system in place for your rentals! Thank you for sharing all of these details. This is very helpful especially for owners just starting out! Great job 👋

View solution in original post

Grndpakent
Day-tripper II

We have been renting RVs for a long time and over the years I have found that the more attention we give the renters the better they treat our property. Aside from the check out we encourage they come and see the motorhome prior to their departure. We also equip it with everything they will need to clean during and after their trip. We even include a vacuum cleaner. 

4 REPLIES 4

Carli
Community Manager
Community Manager

It seems like you have a great system in place for your rentals! Thank you for sharing all of these details. This is very helpful especially for owners just starting out! Great job 👋

Grndpakent
Day-tripper II

We have been renting RVs for a long time and over the years I have found that the more attention we give the renters the better they treat our property. Aside from the check out we encourage they come and see the motorhome prior to their departure. We also equip it with everything they will need to clean during and after their trip. We even include a vacuum cleaner. 

altcamp
Day-tripper

Hi!  Thanks for sharing this.  Curious, what does your supplemental contract cover that the standard Outdoorsy contract doesn’t? 

It goes over what’s not covered in the actual insurance policy notifying them if damaged then that would come out of deposit and the amount is stated. You have to know all the possibilities of the insurance and if no coverage. It spells out everything as it’s a per night rental and we have had people calculate per day for miles, it goes over our cleaning fee per hour if brought back dirty, pet policy, no smoking and consequences , late fee, additional charges, no refund if returned early, no off-roading, And the terms and services of the forum listed. The renters actually read what we send to review verses just signing on a phone and not reading it. We do over in person also