cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dumping the sewage

KrystalP
Day-tripper

Hi everyone! We were wondering how we could make sure that renters dump the sewage before returning our trailer to us? Any advice? Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Dave
Day-tripper III

Some companies makes you return the RV with the cap off and the valves open. I’m kicking around the idea of doing that too. 

Jessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'd make sure to write the instructions on how to dump and where to find dump sites in a guidebook you leave in the rig. Also, make sure to go over your expectations and instructions during your key exchange orientation. If you'd like to provide your renters some additional options, you could offer an add-on service like a Dump Fee (if the black tank wont fill up due on trip length or passenger count) and charge accordingly. Most owners who offer this additional service charge $50-$150 per booking.

halfwaythere
Day-tripper

I charge a fee if they don’t bring the tanks back clean. I have a detailed YouTube video explaining everything and include all the fun stuff to make it so easy a child can do it.

Derekandkathy
Day-tripper

I have add-on fees $100 if holding tanks come back full, and  $ 50 if the propane comes back empty and if those accure i take it out of there sercurity deposit

Alvin
Day-tripper

I increased my cleaning fees to include the dumping fee. I prefer to clean it after each return, whether they've already done or not. That way I know it was properly cleaned.