cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dumping questions

brandi_langevin
Day-tripper II

1.  how do we search for places renters can dump (we have a booking that is at someones home to use as extra bedrooms coming up) I think we will probaby end up dumping/cleaning this booking- I would like to set that up sooner rather then later.

2. how do we let renters know what the dumping fee is, if we need to utilize that?

3. do we set the fee ourselves? my husband is dead set against having to ever dump someone elses you know... he wants to make the dumping/cleaning fee 1/2 of the deposit.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Adventurervca
Day-tripper III
  • Hi Brandi,

1st I would check with the renter to see where it is going to be parked.( driveway/ on the street/ backyard ect. To see if it is leveled and also to see if they have the proper plug for electricity. 

Be upfront with your renter and let them know that because it is not being delivered to a campground with hook ups their will be some additional cost to ensure the person staying in the RV will have access to use the bathroom and shower. Yes it will come out of the renters pocket to cover that expense and you can take it from the deposit after the rental.

You can google and search a locations near the delivery point for septic waste company or port o poty company and tell them your situation and ask them or a upfront cost to empty the waste.

When it gets back home either you or your husband will still need to deal with the black tank to clean, rinse, and properly treat the toilet before the next rental. It is just part of the business.

For additional fees why not create a prepp fee as a mandatory add on that would include the cleaning fee upfront, propane, toilet paper, toilet treatment? 

Best of luck

Mari

View solution in original post

brandi_langevin
Day-tripper II

Thanks Mari-  an add on fee is a great idea.  I did check with the renter on hook up and dumps- seems they are all set!

kimberly_ives
Day-tripper

You should also check to see if there is a nearby camp ground with dump facilities.  Some may be free to use or just a nominal fee.  It may be worth you doing the dumping to make sure it is done to your liking.  Any additional fee charged would cover that bit of extra work it not to far out of the way.  Good luck and let us know how you handle it. 

4 REPLIES 4

Adventurervca
Day-tripper III
  • Hi Brandi,

1st I would check with the renter to see where it is going to be parked.( driveway/ on the street/ backyard ect. To see if it is leveled and also to see if they have the proper plug for electricity. 

Be upfront with your renter and let them know that because it is not being delivered to a campground with hook ups their will be some additional cost to ensure the person staying in the RV will have access to use the bathroom and shower. Yes it will come out of the renters pocket to cover that expense and you can take it from the deposit after the rental.

You can google and search a locations near the delivery point for septic waste company or port o poty company and tell them your situation and ask them or a upfront cost to empty the waste.

When it gets back home either you or your husband will still need to deal with the black tank to clean, rinse, and properly treat the toilet before the next rental. It is just part of the business.

For additional fees why not create a prepp fee as a mandatory add on that would include the cleaning fee upfront, propane, toilet paper, toilet treatment? 

Best of luck

Mari

brandi_langevin
Day-tripper II

Thanks Mari-  an add on fee is a great idea.  I did check with the renter on hook up and dumps- seems they are all set!

kimberly_ives
Day-tripper

You should also check to see if there is a nearby camp ground with dump facilities.  Some may be free to use or just a nominal fee.  It may be worth you doing the dumping to make sure it is done to your liking.  Any additional fee charged would cover that bit of extra work it not to far out of the way.  Good luck and let us know how you handle it. 

brandi_langevin
Day-tripper II

My husband and I definitely differ here....  I think emptying and cleaning is our responsibility (to make sure it's done right) he wants no part of it.  So we put in our description that emptying and cleaning of grey and black water tanks is expected of the renter, but it is also an add on for an additional fee. We did ask a local campground about dumping and they said it's available for $5, so that's good.  Of course the 7 current bookings may or may not clean and dump since I just added that this week, hubs wants to charge them if its not done- but I say we can't, it wasn't listed that way when they booked?