cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have an online user guide?

wsj3
Day-tripper II

I'm trying to decide if I should use Touchstay or create a PDF and have it available online? Anyone found that Touchstay is worth the fees? I didn't find it that user friendly to get started. If anyone has recommendations, please let me know?

Also, is there anyway to do the renter paperwork online or does it all have to be printed?  I would think that Outdoorsy would have an app for both things.

4 REPLIES 4

Cailey
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wsj3 A lot of owners have had good results using Touchstay and there are some other threads about that if you search in the Owner Community. You can also check out this article about rental and departure forms!
The importance of departure and return forms

wsj3
Day-tripper II

Yes, I'm trialing Touchstay. It does seem that it would be a good investment for Outdoorsy to offer that service with a digital check-in and check-out. 

Clan_Graham
Weekend warrior

I haven't any experience with Touchstay, but we use the Outdoorsy Pro app (geared toward owners), and that allows for paperless contracts.

You need to take ten or more pictures (I highly suggest more) before clicking "begin key exchange". Once you have those pics, click on "begin key exchange" and check the required boxes, then click "send to renter". Then, you e-sign on your side.

It then sends a notice to your renters for them to add their own pictures and sign on their side.

At the end of the trip, you take 10+ pictures and do the "return rental" (or whatever it's called). However!! If you have any add-ons that were not included up front and the renter has to pay for after their stay, make sure to do that from a laptop or PC. In my experience, the app only allows me to "file a claim." There are more times than not that I'm not filing a claim (something you would do if, let's say, a renter destroyed your awning) I'm only charging them (from their security deposit) for a black & grey water dump. 

I also keep all pictures I've taken in a Drive folder for my own records. I hope this helps! 🙂 

Thank you for that suggestion! That will be great for doing the paperwork.