cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you find Instamatch useful?

corwyn74
Day-tripper II

I wonder if others review their Insta-matches often and if they make offers, and what the response is like to those. 

I generally feel the request was not a good match, users looking at Class C do not likely want a smaller camper van.  I've also heard some renters say they get annoyed by these direct offers. 

5 REPLIES 5

phopper
Day-tripper

Personally I have not found it useful. I tried it a couple times and never had a positive response.

Dave-n-Kitty
Weekend warrior

To date, I'm not sure if I've had more than one "instamatch" convert to a paid rental - I pretty much ignore them now.

Charles
Day-tripper II

This one is interesting. Most say it's not useful (I'm one of them) but I think that comes mostly from mismatches expectations. You shouldn't consider it the same as a booking request like a traditional booking request where very little is needed to close the deal. It more of a lead generation tool. It's just letting you know what someone if currently shopping for and since they haven't closed the deal yet you can strike up a conversation yourself and maybe drive them to your rig. This requires more work on your part but can be useful to maximize booking or fill gaps in your schedule. 

Ok2camp
Day-tripper

I'm trying to figure out how to pitch my camper. I have a list of questions I would like to have answered before I approve a booking. How do you folks suggest crafting a message to these leads?

corwyn74
Day-tripper II

Thank you all for the replies - great to see others views and ideas on this.