cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default booking calendar

Deano
Day-tripper

Hey All fellow owners,

I have a question. Can I make my default calendar be set to booked instead of available?  I recently forgot about a weekend I needed my RV and it was listed as available. A guest requested it and I did a quick check on the family calendar, oops I need my rig that weekend. I graciously apologized to the guest and they were understanding. I immediately got a couple of messages from Outdoorsy berating me for not having blocked the dates for myself ahead of time. I would like to flip the narrative, where my RV is not available unless I open the dates up specifically, or a guest can absolutely say hey is your rig available on these dates then if it happens to be sure no problem. 
I hope my story makes sense.  Maybe an enhancement request, I am sure not all owners would want that, but I am an occasional sharer of my RV, not full time. 
Love to hear feedback.

2 REPLIES 2

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Deano you should be able to block off as much of your calendar as you like and set it to unavailable. One issue I could see with that is that it will likely remove you from the listings when renters are searching for an RV if you have their search dates blocked off on your calendar.

Deano
Day-tripper

@Kameron I do understand the pitfalls of this method. My issue comes down to being able to manage all of the requests coming in and aligning requested slots to my dynamic family calendar. A bit overwhelming at first, I already have a strenuous full time job.  Thanks for your feedback.