cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damages to 5th wheels or theft.

Jameshahn74
Day-tripper

I’m new to Outdoorsy, and haven’t rented out my 42’ toy hauler yet. I’m just curious how many of you have had issues with a unit as big as mine getting smashed up with renters driving it. During this pandemic it seems pretty hard to get parts or get things fixed in a timely manner. So I’m just curious to hear from others on here with a larger unit if you’ve had these problems? I’m looking at the risk vs. reward aspect here. Also interested if anyone on here had their RV stolen and how that was handled?

2 REPLIES 2

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Jameshahn74 when it comes to larger trailers any owners who are nervous about renters towing will offer delivery instead. Delivery can be a great solution in your case, you'll charge a set delivery/mileage fee on top of your regular rental. Other owners won't be able to share any experience when it comes to theft, sharing details about claims/disputes violate our community guidelines due to privacy constraints. We have insurance and policies in place for things like that where have been only a few cases, and I can assure you it's very very rare.

david_rubio
Weekend warrior

I've got a 43' toy hauler in my fleet and it's delivery only. Nobody but me or the owner tow it. You really don't want anyone towing a rig that big.