cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning Manual in RV

Clan_Graham
Day-tripper III

Hi! We're new to this, so I have a few questions:

1.) Is it common to include a cleaning manual in your RV (like what you'd find in an Airbnb)? I want to ask our renters to return our unit in the same condition they received it, but am not sure if it's considered weird in an RV rental?

2.) If this is common, what else is common to include on the list?

3.) We didn't address black/grey water dumping expectations in our original ad (totally spaced on that one) and we now have a rental that may not be a full hook-up situation. If they don't empty the tanks, should we just eat the cost of this one? 

Thanks for any advice!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JordanB
Day-tripper III

Hi there, and welcome!

1. Most rentals you find on Outdoorsy include the cost of cleaning in the "Prep fee" that all renters pay for each reservation. We hire cleaners on TaskRabbit to clean our RV between rentals and roll the cost of it into the prep fee rather than relying on the renters to do it themselves. That doesn't mean you can't go that route, but if you do I would make sure it is typed out very clearly in your listing description, because most renters won't expect it.
  2. We made a bulleted list for our TaskRabbit cleaner by going from one end of the rig to the other and listing all the surfaces/appliances and such that need to be cleaned along the way. I can send it to you if you like.
  3. Thats up to you. Emptying the waste tanks on return is a very common requirement across all peer-to-peer RV rental platforms, so I don't think it would be out of place to request that even if you forgot to include it in the description initially. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

JordanB
Day-tripper III

Hi there, and welcome!

1. Most rentals you find on Outdoorsy include the cost of cleaning in the "Prep fee" that all renters pay for each reservation. We hire cleaners on TaskRabbit to clean our RV between rentals and roll the cost of it into the prep fee rather than relying on the renters to do it themselves. That doesn't mean you can't go that route, but if you do I would make sure it is typed out very clearly in your listing description, because most renters won't expect it.
  2. We made a bulleted list for our TaskRabbit cleaner by going from one end of the rig to the other and listing all the surfaces/appliances and such that need to be cleaned along the way. I can send it to you if you like.
  3. Thats up to you. Emptying the waste tanks on return is a very common requirement across all peer-to-peer RV rental platforms, so I don't think it would be out of place to request that even if you forgot to include it in the description initially. 

Hi Jordan! That list would be awesome, thank you! And thank you for the quick response! 

Sorry about that. We just got back from a 3 week road trip, and I completely spaced this. I'm having trouble tracking down the actual word document, but will post here if I find it.

No worries at all! Jealous of your road trip but hope you had a blast!

I would love the bulleted task list as well. Thank you!

Hi Jordan! We’re new here! We’d like to see that cleaning checklist because it seems like such a daunting task just explaining what we want done. 

Dherteux
Day-tripper III

We ask our renters to sweep the unit out and wipe down all surfaces.  No matter how much cleaning they do, we still have to go over it again anyway.  We tell them not to worry about the outside.  Regarding the tanks, if you did not set any expectations, then it is up to you.  Going forward, let them know the tanks must be returned empty, or there will be a service charge.

Thanks for the response, Dherteux! I think we'll just ask that they sweep, wipe down surfaces, and empty trash & recycling. My mom owned a cleaning business and I worked for her for a few years, so I'm going to clean it like crazy no matter what they do, but it's nice to have a nice starting point, for sure!