cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change my delivery fee after a booking

Fassback
Day-tripper II

This is my first year renting my trailer out. I had a lot of people book before the fuel prices skyrocketed. Now you I’m not even Breaking even on delivery’s for this month and next. Can I add or change fees to keep renting  possible? I really don’t want to cancel any bookings because I know people already have planned trips and last minute  cancellation will ruin their vacation. Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Fassback this is a toughie. You could potentially adjust your rates, but you may risk losing those renters by surprising them and adjusting the price of their trips.

altblank
Day-tripper

Personally, I'd take the hit and let the rental go through as originally estimated. You don't want to spring surprise costs on your renters, and this additional cost is simply the cost of doing business. We all start somewhere to learn - me certainly more than many on this forum - and I'd personally see this as the cost of a lesson.

You can increase delivery costs for new rentals; I'd go that route myself.

I have adjusted my delivery rates in last month. I might ask what rates everyone I charging ina furniture post. I’m kicking myself  because I looking at this as a pay by load as a trucker not realizing I need to make the trip twice. I’m not looking to get rich of the delivery, but it does need to cover war and tear on the truck.  I was talking to my boss the other day cost of fuel went from 4K a month to 10k + a month in the last 6 months. Keep in mind I’m in California  diesel is $7 a gallon 

ebcobra93
Day-tripper II

Related question. I'm going to adjust my delivery fee, but I don't want it to affect any scheduled bookings (just future). If I adjust my fee, will it automatically change the fee for current bookings? Or will it only affect future bookings?

Thanks! 

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ebcobra93 it shouldn't affect any pre-existing bookings 🙂