cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakdown on trip

randybrogdon511
Day-tripper

I your unit breakdown during a rental. (ex. Refer) and customer must stay somewhere over night what have you done? Pay room or?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VagabondKaren
Weekend warrior

So it really depends on the situation and this is also why trip insurance is so important.  Personally - while an inconvenience a broken fridge would not warrant having to stay in a hotel - usually.  If it’s something that’s a safety hazard or a major issue - then it depends on what caused the issue.  If a renter left the door open during a storm and the door blew off - that’s on them.  If it’s just a mechanical breakdown, wear and tear etc that the renter did not cause, then it’s something I would consider paying for.  But again on any lengthy, far away, or higher priced rental, I would really encourage the renter to buy trip insurance. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VagabondKaren
Weekend warrior

So it really depends on the situation and this is also why trip insurance is so important.  Personally - while an inconvenience a broken fridge would not warrant having to stay in a hotel - usually.  If it’s something that’s a safety hazard or a major issue - then it depends on what caused the issue.  If a renter left the door open during a storm and the door blew off - that’s on them.  If it’s just a mechanical breakdown, wear and tear etc that the renter did not cause, then it’s something I would consider paying for.  But again on any lengthy, far away, or higher priced rental, I would really encourage the renter to buy trip insurance. 

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great advice from Karen here! Renters will also have roadside assistance available. You can check out this recording to learn more: AMA recording - Coach-Net roadside assistance.