cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggressive breeds of pets to avoid?

greatadventures
Day-tripper II

Does anyone have a list of specific breeds of pets that you tend to avoid?  Just had a rental request with a Rottweiler, and I'm a little leery about it.  Wondering if I'm just over worrying? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dave-n-Kitty
Weekend warrior

I'm kinda biased against small dogs and any type of Lab. Shedders, chewers, and yappers are all problematic in my book - but I can assure you it's NOT the dog as much as the owner. Ever. 

We have a Pitweiler (Rott and Pitbull mix) who camps with us all the time - he is the world's best dog. We do our best to be the worlds-best dog owners. But that is us. We restrict our camper to dogs (1 or 2 if kenneled) because of cat allergies. We also charge extra, as we have to spend a lot of extra time getting every last bit of dog out of the camper so our dog won't spend the whole trip looking for the "other dog". 

We've never had an issue - even with small dogs and Labs - when the owners have been the "type" who get why we have our rules and follow them.

Bottom line: vet the owners, don't worry about the breeds is our advice.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Dave-n-Kitty
Weekend warrior

I'm kinda biased against small dogs and any type of Lab. Shedders, chewers, and yappers are all problematic in my book - but I can assure you it's NOT the dog as much as the owner. Ever. 

We have a Pitweiler (Rott and Pitbull mix) who camps with us all the time - he is the world's best dog. We do our best to be the worlds-best dog owners. But that is us. We restrict our camper to dogs (1 or 2 if kenneled) because of cat allergies. We also charge extra, as we have to spend a lot of extra time getting every last bit of dog out of the camper so our dog won't spend the whole trip looking for the "other dog". 

We've never had an issue - even with small dogs and Labs - when the owners have been the "type" who get why we have our rules and follow them.

Bottom line: vet the owners, don't worry about the breeds is our advice.

View solution in original post