cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5th Wheel Rental, are they common?

skidive25
Day-tripper

Got a new 5th Wheel Keystone Cougar.  Planning to rent it out but I am curious, do they rent out regularly?  I am worried most people go for Class A, C and travel trailer tow behinds due to not having a 5th wheel capable.  I would rent out my truck with it but don't think that's offered in Outdoorsy. Am I wasting my time thinking I can make money with this rig?  Also, if I do go forward I am reading that most insurance will not do a renters policy.  So I should get it through outdoorsy programs?

1 REPLY 1

Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @skidive25 welcome to the Outdoorsy community! 5th wheels do get a bit less traffic on the site, however, everyone has their own preferred tastes and 5th wheels get rented out plenty. It may be less regularly than say a camper van but 5th wheels do go out they typically go out for a higher number of average nights at a higher rate per night. You're right that finding someone with a capable truck/hitch will be a challenge which is why many owners like you offer delivery. With delivery, you'll charge a set delivery/mileage fee on top of your regular rental.

As a new owner be sure to attend our weekly listing optimization webinar series. Our team will cover a lot of great key points about how to set up and polish your listing.

Hope this helps!