cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kameron
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone,
We've seen some questions around the Outdoorsy loan program and wanted to share some clarifications and updates. Our loan program is still available and those who are interested can apply today. We did initially have a backlog of loan requests with Lead Bank and have since adjusted and expanded the program with a new bank that can handle the number of requests more quickly. We've reached out to the backlog of owners who applied for the program when we first launched, but if you applied initially and have yet to hear back, we apologize for the delay and ask that you apply again through the updated application link. For those who already have approved loans from Lead Bank they will still be honored – nothing will change for you. We've included some additional FAQ's and information below.

What is the Outdoorsy loan program? How can I apply?
We’ve teamed up with LightStream, a division of SunTrust Bank, to offer low-interest financing to RV owners and potential owners with good credit. We’re excited to offer a program to refinance RV loans or get a loan for a new or used RV. The loans – ranging from $5,000 to $100,000 – service RV, motorhome, trailer, and overland vehicle owners. Competitive loans rates are displayed upfront before applying or submitting sensitive information.
You will need to submit information about yourself, including financial information like employment, monthly housing costs, and current savings (including stocks and bonds). The application itself takes minutes if you have all your information available.
These loans require no collateral, have no fees, and have no home equity requirements. These unsecured loans have no prepayment penalties. 
If you are interested in applying but have some questions before starting the application process, you can schedule time with one of our team members here. A member of the Outdoorsy loans team will help answer any questions about the loan program to help make the process as easy as possible. 

You can submit loan applications today at https://www.outdoorsy.com/loans/.

What information do I need to apply?
  • Personal information 
    • Contact information, date of birth, address, social security number, driver’s license, and financial information for anyone applying for credit jointly with the applicant
  • Loan information 
    • Desired loan amount and loan term (between 24 and 84 months)
  • Documents
    • There is no documentation required upfront. However, Lightstream may ask for identifying documents to verify an applicant’s information.
Do I have to rent my RV with Outdoorsy to get a loan through this program?
No! Applying to refinance an RV or purchase a new or used RV is open to any RV, motorhome, trailer, or overland vehicle owner. What if I need a loan for more than $100,000? 
Lightstream currently gives unsecured loans up to $100,000. However, Outdoorsy is actively working with our lending partners to get an offering in place that goes beyond the $100,000 limit.

What if I want loan terms longer than 84 months (7 years)? 
Lightstream currently gives unsecured loans terms up to 84 months. However, Outdoorsy is actively working with our lending partners to get an offering in place that goes beyond that loan term length.If I apply, when will I hear back?
You can have your loan funded the same day if that day is a banking business day, your application is approved, and you complete the following steps by 2:30 p.m. Eastern time: (1) review and electronically sign the loan agreement; (2) provide your funding preferences and relevant banking information; and (3) complete the final verification process.

Are the loan funds given directly to me or the RV dealership?
Unlike traditional lenders that send the funds directly to the RV dealership, Lightstream puts the funds directly into your bank account. This allows you to purchase the RV from a dealership or a private seller – giving you a chance to be the owner of the vehicle’s title (instead of the lender being a lienholder)!

How do I qualify for the lowest rate?
Loan terms, including APR, may differ based on the loan amount, term length, and credit profile. The lowest rates require excellent credit. At least 27% of approved applicants qualified for the lowest rate available based on data from 7/01/2021 to 9/30/2021. Rate is quoted with AutoPay discount. AutoPay discount is only available before loan funding. Rates without AutoPay are 0.50% points higher. Advertised rates and terms are subject to change without notice.

What is the process of appealing a declined loan application? 
You will receive an email either with an approval or a decline notice.  You can contact the LightStream customer support team any time after you’ve submitted an application to ask any questions you need to be answered. The customer support number is for customers only – you will see the contact number once you log into your LightStream account that you created at the time of application. 

How long should I wait before reapplying after a declined loan application?
You will need to wait 30 days to reapply. However, you can reapply with a co-borrower added before the 30 days if that will help you qualify. This will not affect your credit if it’s within 30 days of the original application.

Who is Lightstream?
Lightstream is a national online consumer lending division of SunTrust Bank, the flagship subsidiary of SunTrust Banks Inc., one of the nation’s leading financial services companies.LightStream delivers a revolutionary loan experience that allows customers to focus on their purchase rather than on their financing. With its innovative lending products and proprietary technology, consumers with strong credit profiles can receive highly competitive, fixed-rate financing via an easy, fast, and virtually paperless loan process. From the convenience and comfort of their computer or mobile device, customers can apply, be approved, sign their loan agreement and receive their funds as soon as the same day of their application.

What can I expect from Lightstream’s loan management portal? 
Lightstream has one of the best loan management customer experiences, making it easy to pay more than your payment, set up autopay, view the payment amount, etc. Lightstream stands by its guarantee by giving loan borrowers $100 if they’re unsatisfied with the loan management experience. 

Is Outdoorsy offering other financial services?
Not quite yet! We plan to offer additional financing options in the future. 

I have more questions. Who can I talk to?
Members of the Outdoorsy loans team are hosting times to talk to you specifically about your situation and answer any questions you may have to the best of our ability. Need to speak with us? Schedule time with one of our team members here.

iStock-1175048833.jpg

2 Comments